Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cumin seed and health benefit

I's introduced and adviced to this herb during my Yoga course in India on August recently. I was adviced to drink the cumin tea 1st thing in the morning then to begin with my Yoga practise. Next, I can have my fresh raw fruit and vegetable juices for breakfast.

Other then making the tea, I'm also using it in my cooking especially one of my favourite in steaming my rice with some cumin seed and coconut oil. Really good taste! Smell something like 'nasi lemak' - healthy one! hehehe... :P

Simple to try!
------------------
Rice : eg Brown rice ( 1 cup) + red rice (1/4 cup) + millet (1/2 cup)
[note: brown rice and red rice to soak overnight or at least 4 hrs in room temperature to reduce its acidity]
cumin seed: 1-2 teaspoon or more
coconut oil: 2 tablespoon or more

Hope you like it! Happy trying...

check this out: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=91

Subscribe Now:

Add to Google Reader or HomepageAdd to My AOL